Reports to: Founder/CEO Location: Tallahassee, FL Job Type: Full-Time Contract Position Compensation: Negotiable
ABOUT TLH RECKONING
TLH (pronounced Tallahassee) Reckoning is the first of its kind professionally operated women’s soccer franchise emerging from Tallahassee, Florida. TLH Reckoning includes a pre-professional team and reserves team which will play inaugural seasons in the Summer of 2024. Both teams will compete in the USL W League and USL Academy respectively. TLH Reckoning will operate year-round with College/Pro Track Training and Development (T&D) and Reckoning Futures programs kicking off in August to provide local female players with the holistic development substance that has been missing.
Breaking geographic and institutional barriers the Reckoning is owned and operated by one of the most successful architects of the modern women’s game across the nation – former United Soccer Coaches President, co-founder of the Girls Academy league, Washington Spirit founding executive, FSU women’s soccer and W League alum; a female minority and a fierce advocate for girls and women in soccer.
WHO WE ARE SEEKING + WHAT YOU WILL DO
A self-empowered, empathetic, collaborative and inspirational leader will have an incredible opportunity to do more than coach a team. This individual will have the chance to improve systemic issues that have been embedded over the decades by geographic and institutional barriers affecting girls and women in areas like Tallahassee. Through your love, passion and knowledge of the game, you will be instrumental in leading the charge to establish connected development pathways from youth to college to pro and to help our players realize their full potential and live out their soccer aspirations. You will seek to actively embrace and immerse yourself within the Tallahassee community.
You will be responsible for overseeing and leading all aspects of the technical side and soccer operations of the club to include: scouting and recruiting, player acquisition, analytics, overall player care support system, team and coach management. You must lead with a player-centric mentality and a holistic development philosophy.
Simply put…develop our local players, grow opportunities through soccer for all in Tallahassee, create a world-renowned player-centric soccer experience for all our players, share the love and beauty of the game with our community.
You will never be alone while on this conquest. We are all in this together and we will thrive together.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND COMMITMENT
- 10+ years of a proven track record of specifically serving the women’s game
- 5+ years of experience in developing women players to play in college and the pros
- 20+ years of combined experience specifically in the women’s game as a player, coach, staff, etc.
- High-level coaching license (United Soccer Coaches, USSF, UEFA) with 10 years at minimum of coaching elite female players
- Ability to work well and maintain level-headed character under pressure
- Willingness and understanding of how to work in the chaos of a ‘start-up’ environment, and can lead and thrive within one
- Commitment to growing our grassroots outreach within our Tallahassee community
- Organize and lead coaching development for local coaches
- Able to work non-traditional hours
- Respectful and effective communicator able to take and give direction
- Desire to collaborate and build strong relationships
- Prior experience in knowing what elements, tangible and intangible, that go into building a highly competitive team
- Be comfortable and seek out opportunities to promote all things TLH Reckoning
- Must be inclusive and open-minded
- Must successfully pass a background and reference check
- TLH Reckoning does not condone exclusionary inclusivity nor will any leader within the club.
Qualified and determined individuals should submit a personal statement, resume and 3 references: https://forms.gle/TnYFQadnVBht5MVC7
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
TLH Reckoning is committed to uplifting our community, staff, players and club. We are seeking good humans and sound candidates to join us on this journey of breaking barriers to access and one of invigorating our community around women’s soccer.
TLH Reckoning will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.
TLH Reckoning is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). TLH Reckoning is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, pregnancy, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws. Employment decisions can include hiring, termination, compensation, benefits, promotion, training selection, or other statuses or conditions of employment. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance, and other appropriate qualifications.